From: Michal Jaegermann <michal <at> harddata.com>
Subject: Re: Moving away from reporting to RH bugzilla and adopting pure upstream reporting mantra.
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.testers
Date: Tuesday 24th September 2013 01:45:56 UTC (over 3 years ago)
On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 09:49:23PM +0000, "J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson" wrote:

> After bit of irc discussion there is a compelling reason to move
> entirely away from Red Hat bugzilla as well as away from concept of
> hosting our own.
> Thoughts and comment.

This absolutely does not scale from a POV of a user reporting bugs.  It
may be convenient for packagers but in your wildest dreams you cannot
expect that in order to file a bug I will first research for every
package if that even has some for of a bug tracker, and if it happens to
exist will dig out all its idiosyncrasies, aquire required logins and
credentials and will try to track what happened with various bug
reports only to learn that upstream does not care about "distro
specific" problems and/or not the latest available version.  A packager
with a limited number of an upstream contacts may kick out a report up
if so desired.

If I will be forced to do things above I will simply stop to bother.

   Michal