From: Bill Nottingham <notting <at> redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Moving away from reporting to RH bugzilla and adopting pure upstream reporting mantra.
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.testers
Date: Monday 23rd September 2013 23:07:04 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Jan Wildeboer ([email protected]) said:
> How will you track blocker bugs?
>
> How can we see a global view of all open bugs? Aggregate from X upstream
bug report systems? Which not all are Bugzilla?

> How can we track critical bugs?

Additional concerns I'd have above this:

- Not all things we ship have active upstream bug trackers to fall back on
- We still need a way to track Fedora-specific integration & packaging
  concerns, which would likely get closed upstream as 'NOTABUG' for that
  project
- What filing downstream gives the Fedora maintainer is a good mechanism
  for knowing what's going on in that package in Fedora. Tracking *all*
  upstream bugs in a bug tracker may not be a good way to do so.

Honestly, I think a good dedicated triage team that works to verify and
move
upstream as appropriate works better. But, you know, requires getting and
keeping such a team.

Bill