Features Download
From: <updates <at> fedoraproject.org>
Subject: [SECURITY] Fedora 17 Update: krb5-1.10.2-9.fc17
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.package.announce
Date: Saturday 16th March 2013 01:31:43 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Fedora Update Notification
2013-02-27 01:51:32

Name        : krb5
Product     : Fedora 17
Version     : 1.10.2
Release     : 9.fc17
URL         : http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/
Summary     : The Kerberos network authentication system
Description :
Kerberos V5 is a trusted-third-party network authentication system,
which can improve your network's security by eliminating the insecure
practice of sending passwords over the network in unencrypted form.

Update Information:

This update incorporates the upstream fix for possible NULL-pointer
dereferences which could occur if a client sent a malformed PKINIT request
to a KDC (CVE-2013-1415), or if a client sent a draft9 PKINIT request to a
KDC (CVE-2012-1016).

* Tue Mar  5 2013 Nalin Dahyabhai  1.10.2-9
- add patch to avoid dereferencing a NULL pointer in the KDC when handling
  draft9 PKINIT request (#917841, CVE-2012-1016)
* Thu Feb 28 2013 Nalin Dahyabhai  1.10.2-8
- fix a memory leak when acquiring credentials using a keytab (RT#7586,
* Mon Feb 25 2013 Nalin Dahyabhai  1.10.2-7
- incorporate upstream patch to fix a NULL pointer dereference when the
  supplies an otherwise-normal-looking PKINIT request (CVE-2013-1415,
* Tue Jul 31 2012 Nalin Dahyabhai  1.10.2-6
  file path dependencies in other packages, and since Fedora 17 is already
  released, breaking that is our fault
* Tue Jul 31 2012 Nalin Dahyabhai  1.10.2-5
- add upstream patch to fix freeing an uninitialized pointer and
  another uninitialized pointer in the KDC (MITKRB5-SA-2012-001,
  and CVE-2012-1015, #844779 and #844777)
- fix a thinko in whether or not we mess around with devel .so symlinks on
  systems without a separate /usr (sbose)
* Fri Jul 27 2012 Fedora Release Engineering
 - 1.10.2-4
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_18_Mass_Rebuild
* Fri Jun 22 2012 Nalin Dahyabhai  1.10.2-3
- backport a fix to allow a PKINIT client to handle SignedData from a KDC
  that's signed with a certificate that isn't in the SignedData, but which
  is available as an anchor or intermediate on the client (RT#7183)
* Tue Jun  5 2012 Nalin Dahyabhai  1.10.2-2
- back out this labeling change (dwalsh):
  - when building the new label for a file we're about to create, also mix
    in the current range, in addition to the current user
* Fri Jun  1 2012 Nalin Dahyabhai  1.10.2-1
- update to 1.10.2
  - when building the new label for a file we're about to create, also mix
    in the current range, in addition to the current user
  - also package the PDF format admin, user, and install guides
  - drop some PDFs that no longer get built right
- add a backport of Stef's patch to set the client's list of supported
  enctypes to match the types of keys that we have when we are using a
  keytab to try to get initial credentials, so that a KDC won't send us
  an AS reply that we can't encrypt (RT#2131, #748528)
- don't shuffle around any shared libraries on releases with
  since /usr/lib is the same place as /lib
- add explicit buildrequires: on 'hostname', for the tests, on systems
  it's in its own package, and require net-tools, which used to provide the
  command, everywhere
* Mon May  7 2012 Nalin Dahyabhai
- skip the setfscreatecon() if fopen() is passed "rb" as the open mode
  of #819115)
* Tue May  1 2012 Nalin Dahyabhai  1.10.1-3
- have -server require /usr/share/dict/words, which we set as the default
  dict_file in kdc.conf (#817089)
* Tue Mar 20 2012 Nalin Dahyabhai  1.10.1-2
- change back dns_lookup_kdc to the default setting (Stef Walter, #805318)
- comment out example.com examples in default krb5.conf (Stef Walter,
* Fri Mar  9 2012 Nalin Dahyabhai  1.10.1-1
- update to 1.10.1
  - drop the KDC crash fix
  - drop the KDC lookaside cache fix
  - drop the fix for kadmind RPC ACLs (CVE-2012-1012)

  [ 1 ] Bug #914749 - CVE-2013-1415 krb5: PKINIT null pointer deref leads
to DoS  (pkinit_check_kdc_pkid())
  [ 2 ] Bug #917840 - CVE-2012-1016 krb5: PKINIT null pointer deref leads
to DoS

This update can be installed with the "yum" update program.  Use
su -c 'yum update krb5' at the command line.
For more information, refer to "Managing Software with yum",
available at http://docs.fedoraproject.org/yum/.

All packages are signed with the Fedora Project GPG key.  More details on
GPG keys used by the Fedora Project can be found at
package-announce mailing list