From: Roberto Ragusa <mail <at> robertoragusa.it>
Subject: HOWTO: Use KDE 3 from F8 on F10
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general
Date: Thursday 15th January 2009 22:51:09 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Hi all,

I just want to share with the list that with the same approach
which let me upgrade from F8 to F9 avoiding the KDE 3 -> 4
migration ("Successfully upgraded to F9 while keeping KDE 3"
thread), I was able to upgrade the same machine to F10.
So it now runs F10 with KDE 3.5.10 from F8 updates.

As for F8->F9, some compatibility rpms had to be compiled
with little modifications to the spec files.

I'm not writing all the details here now, but if anyone is
interested, I can do it (and publish the spec files if
someone wants to try).

F10 is great, but KDE 4 is still not able to convince me to
leave KDE 3 behind.

Best regards.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it