From: Matthew Miller <mattdm <at> fedoraproject.org>
Subject: Question for the WG (and SIG) -- do you want to keep "Workstation"?
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.desktop
Date: Wednesday 12th February 2014 20:01:20 UTC (over 3 years ago)
I'm intentionally breaking the threading here since I think it's a
top-level
topic. The following is from Christian:

> 1. The name is not important here, we might as well have called the
> product working group the Desktop Working Group or the Client Working
> Group. The name workstation was chosen mostly to emphasize that technical
> users are of importance to us. So please do not get hung up on the name.

I agree, and also, I think the direction has gone a little differently from
what we were originally thinking about with the "Workstation" name. As I
noted elsewhere, things going differently from my first thoughts is the
process working. :)

If there's going to be a name change, I think it's probably better somewhat
sooner rather than later. It might be a good idea to talk with Fedora
Marketing too. So... yeah. Open floor on this idea. Does "workstation"
really convey what this product will be all about? What would be better?
Plain old "Fedora Desktop" is still on the table, for sure. "Fedora Bob" is
probably a bad idea....

--
Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --