From: Adam Williamson <awilliam <at> redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Fedora Logo on the login screen
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.desktop
Date: Wednesday 20th March 2013 20:38:47 UTC (over 4 years ago)

> - some people feel that there is a concerted effort in upstream GNOME
>   to deemphasize and/or remove downstream branding. (The existence of a
concept called
>   GNOME OS probably doesn't help work against that perception.)

This seems a pretty inarguable trend to me: there is much more of a
vertically integrated GNOME stack in Fedora than there ever used to be.
We are replacing the generic Fedora firstboot with gnome-initial-setup,
for GNOME installs. GNOME has been systematically attempting to replace
system-config-* with environment specific changes.

I don't necessarily think this is a *bad* Thing, but it is definitely a
Thing. There is a definite trend towards our default live image and
package set becoming a lot more GNOME-y and a lot less Fedora-y.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey