From: Cosimo Cecchi <ccecchi <at> redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Fedora Logo on the login screen
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.desktop
Date: Tuesday 19th March 2013 14:25:42 UTC (over 4 years ago)
On Tue, 2013-03-19 at 09:02 -0400, Ryan Lerch wrote:

> However if the mark of the brand is *nowhere* you are merely promoting
> positive associations with a generic grey background.
>
> http://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/login/nologo.png
>
> I am not suggesting that we slap logo(s) over everything, simply include
> a clear definition to the user of brand at the point they start using
> the system.

Genuine question: why do you feel the login screen is a good place to
promote any kind of positive brand association? All I usually want to do
from that screen is to get out of it as quickly and seamlessly as
possible. Under this perspective, having it plainly unbranded and
focused exclusively on its task — get me to my session and my work —
makes sense to me.

Cosimo