From: Robyn Bergeron <rbergero <at> redhat.com>
Subject: The Fedora Project community mourns the loss of Seth Vidal
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.core.announce
Date: Tuesday 9th July 2013 19:31:54 UTC (over 3 years ago)
The Fedora Project has lost a valued, longtime member of its community.
Seth Vidal died last night, July 8.

Seth was a lead developer of yum and the update repository system, and a
contributor to the CentOS project as well as the original Fedora Extras
system. He worked tirelessly on the infrastructure for the Fedora Project
to make all systems work well and consistently for our contributors around
the world. He was a gifted speaker, a brilliant thinker, a clever wit, a
humble and genuinely funny person, and a good friend.

The Fedora community owes an enormous debt of gratitude to Seth's
dedication to Fedora and other free software projects, his commitment to
community values, and his passion for excellence in his work. To say he
will be missed is an understatement. He has been a colleague, a team
member, a source of wisdom and advice, and above all, a friend and
inspiration to countless people in the Fedora community over the past
decade. His seminal and invaluable work in Fedora and free software will
live on for years to come, and the legacy of his spirit will stay with the
community, and with many of us individually, forever.

Our thoughts are with his partner Eunice, the rest of his family, and
Seth's many friends and coworkers.

I know that many members of the Fedora community will want to personally
share their condolences. We'll provide further information as soon as it is
available.

Robyn Bergeron
Fedora Project Leader