From: Michael Tiemann <tiemann <at> redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [fab] JBJ considered harmfull
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.advisory-board
Date: Tuesday 8th August 2006 17:35:30 UTC (over 11 years ago)
> On Tuesday 08 August 2006 13:10, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> > We will continue to deal with these unpleasant issues until we have the
> > courage to resolve them.
> >
> > Again, just my $0.02.
>
> All well and good.
>
> However we're avoiding one issue in favor of another.  Sure we should
deal
> with the whole big rpm issue.  Completely aside from that we have
somebody
> with bugzilla access that is abusing users and developers.  Please look
at
> this issue completely aside from the whole rpm ball of wax.  We have an
> abusive user who's access should be suspended or terminated.  For this
reason
> alone.

Jesse,

What I think you are missing here is the severability (or lack thereof)
between the symptom (poor language and manners) and the problem (the rpm
fork).  If we treat only the symptom, another symptom will arise to take
its place.  However, the new symptom will not be merely jbj by another
name, but jbj via another expression, which may be better or worse,
invisible or decidedly visible.  Greg advocates courage to go after the
problem--and that's what I endorse, as inconvenient a truth as it may
be.