From: Michael Tiemann <tiemann <at> redhat.com>
Subject: Re: FESCo future
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.advisory-board
Date: Monday 27th November 2006 18:16:52 UTC (over 10 years ago)
On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 10:46 -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> If the problems do occur, then a parliamentary system could be the
> best 'solution'. The house of Red Hats are those that are appointed by
> the 'King' and the house of Blue Hats are those elected by the
> commons. The limits on what each house can do is up to the unwritten
> constitution :).

I think you mean a "bicameral" system.  New Zealand has a unicameral
parliament.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameral

In any case, I believe that the chief advantage of a complex governing
body is when there is so little trust of the governors that it is better
for there to be not enough power with which to act rather than too much.
I believe that the reason we such such stunning progress on things like
the Linux kernel is that, among other things, the governing process is
transparent and damn simple.  I'd prefer to see a system that minimizes
the amount of bureaucracy, given that we know there are plenty of people
willing to actually do stuff.