From: Neil Brown <neilb <at> suse.de>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: mdadm 2.6.9 - A tool for managing Soft RAID under Linux
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.raid
Date: Tuesday 10th March 2009 06:02:05 UTC (over 8 years ago)
I am pleased to announce the availability of
   mdadm version 2.6.9

It is available at the usual places:
   countrycode=xx.
   http://www.${countrycode}kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/raid/mdadm/
and via git at
   git://neil.brown.name/mdadm
   http://neil.brown.name/git?p=mdadm

mdadm is a tool for creating, managing and monitoring
device arrays using the "md" driver in Linux, also
known as Software RAID arrays.

Release 2.6.9 contains various bug fixes.
Clearly 2.6.8 was not the final 2.x release.
Hopefully 2.6.9 will be as I don't want go to 2.7, and
2.6.10 might be confusing (though I'll probably go that
way if I need to).

New features will only appear in the 3.x series of which 3.0 will be
release within a few months.

Changelog Entries:
 Bernhard Reutner-Fischer (1):
      mdadm fix compilation for uClibc

 Dustin Kirkland (2):
      Fail overtly when asprintf fails to allocate memory
      Typo in earlier patch : asprintf -> vasprintf

 NeilBrown (11):
      Allow --config in --incremental mode.
      Kill:  Don't use O_EXCL when --force is used.
      Assemble: don't assume array is 'clean' unless all devices think it
is.
      Assemble: set stripe_cache_size properly when restarting a reshape.
      map: rebuild map if it doesn't exist.
      Free mdstat data structures properly.
      Fix the used device size in mdadm -D output.
      Document 'max' option to --grow --size in --help output.
      Fix possible crash if bitmap metadata is bad.
      Monitor: send --test message for arrays in /proc/mdstat that aren't
in mdadm.conf
      super1: make sure max_dev grows enough when adding a device to an
array.

Development of mdadm is sponsored by
 SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.

NeilBrown  28th November 2008