From: Pedanekar, Hemant <hemantp <at> ti.com>
Subject: Memory type used for ioremap
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.ports.arm.kernel
Date: Friday 9th July 2010 02:16:31 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hello,

I have few doubts regarding the memory type configured when we call ioremap
for mapping a region (e.g., on-chip peripheral MMRs):

Please note that this is regarding Cortx A8.

After examining 2nd level page descriptor, I see that the memory type
configured for ioremapped region (as per TEX[2:0]=1 and CB=0) is "Outer and
Inner Non-cacheable - Normal". Is this correct observation? I thought the
ioremap would set memory type as one of the "Device".

What is the recommended method if I want to map some region as
"Strongly-ordered" or "Device"?

Thanks
-
Hemant