From: Nicolas Pitre <nicolas.pitre-QSEj5FYQhm4dnm+yROfE0A <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: The Linaro IKS code now publicly available
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.linaro.devel
Date: Wednesday 1st May 2013 18:33:38 UTC (over 4 years ago)
I'm delighted to announce that the Linaro Technical Steering Committee
has approved the release of the big.LITTLE in-kernel switcher (IKS) code
to the public.

So here it is:

Branch big.LITTLE-IKS-snapshot of
git://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/arm/kernel.git

Although this is a snapshot of our latest IKS code, it still needs some
minor tidying before it is submitted upstream.  So please consider the
above as a temporary branch for people to look and play with, and not a
branch that we'll keep stable and maintain.

This code was also developed for and tested on the VExpress TC2
development platform.  An MCPM backend and possibly a special cpufreq
clock driver are required for this code to be usable on other platforms.

The switcher concept is discussed here:
http://lwn.net/Articles/481055/

Porting documentation is available here:
https://wiki.linaro.org/projects/big.LITTLE.MP/Big.Little.Switcher/Docs/porting-guide

The switcher code description is available here (slightly out of date):
https://wiki.linaro.org/projects/big.LITTLE.MP/Big.Little.Switcher/Docs/in-kernel-code

And a review of the MCPM layer upon which IKS and HMP rely:
http://lwn.net/Articles/539082/

The core MCPM patches are queued for inclusion into the v3.10 mainline
kernel.  The MCPM backend for TC2 and the IKS patches will tentatively
be submitted for v3.11.

Nicolas

CD: 3ms