From: Thomas Gleixner <tglx <at> linutronix.de>
Subject: [patch 0/2] Run interrupt handlers always with interrupts disabled
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Friday 26th March 2010 00:06:44 UTC (over 6 years ago)
The following patch series removes the IRQF_DISABLED functionality
from the core interrupt code and runs all interrupt handlers with
interrupts disabled.

IRQF_DISABLED is kept as a define and scheduled for feature removal.

I booted and stressed that patches w/o any obvious fallout on more
than 20 different systems in my arsenal of test machines which
includes various embedded non x86 systems.

To debug eventual latency issues we (admittedly I talked acme into
looking at that) want to extend perf with a top like tool to monitor
the maximum runtime of interrupt handlers with the already existing
tracepoints.

Thanks,

	tglx

CD: 3ms