From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds <at> linux-foundation.org>
Subject: Linux 2.6.32-rc1
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Sunday 27th September 2009 22:34:53 UTC (over 7 years ago)
It's been two weeks (and then some - but with last week being LinuxCon and
Plumbers conf I extended it by a few days), and as usual that means that
the merge window is all over and done with. 2.6.32-rc1 is out, so give it
a whirl.

What can I say? 67% drivers (the bulk of which is from 'staging', but
there's driver changes all over), 10% firmware, 10% arch updates
(dominated by arm, but MIPS, POWER, SH and x86 updates are there too,
along with the new 'SCore' architecture), 5% Documentation, and a random
smattering of other things (ie the normal filesystem, kernel, networking
etc updates).

For a change, I don't think we have a single new filesystem this time
around, but we do have updates to existing ones (ocfs2, btrfs, nfs, nilfs,
xfs, gfs2, ext4 - you name it).

Some of the more interesting changes (but perhaps that's just me) are some
of the VM updates (ZERO_PAGE is back!) and the writeback work by Jens and
others to spread out writeback by backing store.

Go wild, test it out, and let us know about any regressions you find,

		Linus

CD: 5ms