From: Thomas Gleixner <tglx <at> linutronix.de>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] 2.6.31-rc6-rt4
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Tuesday 18th August 2009 20:03:43 UTC (over 7 years ago)
We are pleased to announce the next update to our new preempt-rt
series.

  [ I skipped -rt3 as it failed in testing ]

 - update to the ONESHOT irq infrastructure scheduled for mainline

 - scheduling while atomic fix in tty_ldisc

The know problems (PSeries / ARM highmem) still persist and we have a
new one which is related to cgroup memcontrol. The latter one is easy
to fix but will have to wait for the next release.

Download locations:

    http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/

Git release branch:
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git
rt/2.6.31-rc6

Git development branch:
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git
rt/head

Gitweb:
    http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git;a=shortlog;h=rt/2.6.31-rc6

Information on the RT patch can be found at:

    http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

to build the 2.6.31-rc6-rt4 tree, the following patches should be
applied:

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.30.tar.bz2
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/patch-2.6.31-rc6.bz2
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/patch-2.6.31-rc6-rt4.bz2