From: Thomas Gleixner <tglx <at> linutronix.de>
Subject: [RFC patch 0/3] Support for irq chips on slow busses (i2c, spi) - V2
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Saturday 15th August 2009 17:48:26 UTC (over 7 years ago)
The support for irq chips on slow busses eg. i2c, spi has been
discussed to great length several times. Most of the details can be
found in this thread: http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/7/21/266

The following patch series is a round up of the various patch snippets
sent out during the discussion and the ideas we agreed on.

This is version 2 of the patch series. The main changes vs. V1
(http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/8/13/348)

 - patch 1/3: Provide a generic primary handler function which just
   	      returns IRQ_WAKE_THREAD as this is all what oneshot
   	      threaded handlers need to avoid useless copies of that
   	      all over the place.

 - patch 2/3: Reverted to the initial idea of conditional locking to
   	      allow drivers to be used for both slowbus and standard
   	      interrupts without any magic in the driver code

 - patch 3/3: To avoid different driver code for nested or separate
   	      thread handling a new function is provided which allows
   	      to mark the interrupt nested. request_threaded_irq()
   	      creates a separate thread only when the flag is not set.

Please have a thorough look and hopefully a test ride on your
favourite slowbus irq chip implementation so we can get this into .32

Thanks,

	tglx

CD: 14ms