From: Subrata Modak <subrata <at> linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] The Linux Test Project has been Released for APRIL 2009
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Thursday 30th April 2009 15:59:00 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Dear All,

The Linux Test Project test suite has been released for the month of
APRIL 2009. Please see ltp/INSTALL file carefully, as, there has been
multiple changes for building/installing the test suite.

The latest version of the test-suite contains 3000+ tests for the Linux
OS and can be found at:
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/,
Latest happenings in LTP can also be found at:
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wiki/,
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wikiArchives.php,
and,
IRC: irc.freenode.org #ltp.

========================
APRIL 2009 Highlights:
========================
* Addition of INTEGRITY MEASUREMENT ARCHITECTURE tests,
* Addition of Benchmark Test to compare Per_Cpu_Atomic_Operations vs
Interrupt_Disabling,
* Addition of Per CPU Allocator test,
* Addition of Simple PERFORMANCE COUNTER tests,
* Addition of Software and Hardware PERFORMANCE COUNTERS verification
tests,
* Addition of mmap() corruption check test,
* Addition of syscall tests - splice02, clock_nanosleep2_01 and
cacheflush01,
* Addition of sched_smt_power_savings test in PM,
* Addition of CGROUP Regression tests,
* Addition of CPUSET tests,
* Addition of CAPBOUND Security tests,
* Fixes for numerous other tests,
------------------------------

==============================
APRIL 2009 LTP Contributors:
==============================
* Mimi Zohar,
* Mathieu Desnoyers,
* Tejun Heo,
* Fan He,
* Francesco Rundo,
* Ingo Molnar,
* Paul Mackerras,
* Ying Han,
* CAI Qian,
* Christian Kujau,
* Poornima Nayak,
* Márton Németh,
* Guo Hongruan,
* Jens Axboe,
* M. Koehrer,
* Maxin John,
* Manas K Nayak,
* Jiri Palecek,
* Dmitry Guryanov,
* Li Zefan,
* Miao Xie,
* Michal Simek,
* Serge Hallyn,
* Dave Kleikamp,
------------------------------

==============================
Note(s) from the Maintainer:
==============================
We saw huge no. of new tests been added this month. And i hope the trend
will continue. Apart from that i will soon introduce some fixes as a
fallout of my Paper work at OLS 2009.

Our web site also contains other information such as:
- A Linux test tools matrix
- Technical papers
- How To's on Linux testing
- Code coverage analysis tool.

We would encourage the community to post results to
[email protected],
patches, new tests, bugs or comments/questions to [email protected],
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=103382
(for
New Bug(s)),
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=303382