From: Steven Rostedt <rostedt <at> goodmis.org>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] updated version of streamline_config.pl
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Wednesday 29th April 2009 19:22:14 UTC (over 7 years ago)
I've been stumbling over one of the failures of streamline config. The
ability to add module configurations needed as a dependency for other
modules, but do not have actual modules.

That is: If module a.ko is enabled by config CONFIG_A but depends on
CONFIG_B, and there exists no b.ko for CONFIG_B, the script will keep
CONFIG_A = m, but will not keep CONFIG_B = m and the "make oldconfig" will
disable CONFIG_A.

This update solves this by not only reading the Makefiles, but it also
reads the Kconfig* files to find all the depends for all configs. Now it
will detect CONFIG_B is needed for CONFIG_A and keep both enabled.

The code is here:

 http://rostedt.homelinux.com/code/streamline_config.pl

And how to use it is at the top of the file.

Note, if people are still interested in adding this script to mainline, I
can write up a patch to put it somewhere in the scripts/ directory.

-- Steve

CD: 5ms