From: Thomas Gleixner <tglx <at> linutronix.de>
Subject: [Announce] 2.6.29.1-rt5
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Wednesday 8th April 2009 17:49:44 UTC (over 7 years ago)
We are pleased to announce the next update to our new preempt-rt
series.

 	- include the futex rework + requeue_pi support (Darren Hart)

The futex changes need profound testing. As we know from prior futex
work the best stress tests for the futex interface are RT-Java-VMs
especially with enterprise work loads on larger machines. Can the
folks who have access to such monstrosities please unleash the beasts
and give the futex code a good work out ? Please tell your sysadmin
upfront that he should be stand by to fix up the resulting wreckage
which might vary from harmless to system replacement.

Unfortunately I was not able to track down the weird 32bit PAE
shutdown crash, so the affected users need to stick to the
nosmp-alternatives work around for now.

Download locations:

     http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/
     http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/

Information on the RT patch can be found at:

     http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

to build the 2.6.29.1-rt5 tree, the following patches should be
applied:

     http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.29.1.tar.bz2
     http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/patch-2.6.29.1-rt5.bz2

The broken out patches are also available at the same download
locations.

Enjoy !

       tglx