From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy <at> goop.org>
Subject: 2.6.30 Xen merge plan (what's in xen.git)
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Tuesday 24th March 2009 17:17:23 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Hi Ingo, Linus,

I have several topic branches which I'd like to merge in this merge
window.  They fall into two classes: those which make significant
changes to arch/x86 files, and those which just touch Xen-specific files.

The x86-touching ones should definitely go via tip.git, just to keep
things sane and orderly.

How should we handle the rest?  Should I send them directly to Linus, or
put them via x86.git too?  Either way, they'll generally need to go
after the non-Xen changes.

(I'll post full pull-requests with diffstats as followups to this mail.)

All branches in git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git

Branches which mostly or entirely Xen (only trivial non-Xen changes):

push2/xen/core

    Updates to existing Xen support, features, optimisations, etc.

push2/xen/control

    A set of usermode interfaces for Xen (/sys/hypervisor, /dev/evtchn,
    updates to xenbus and xenfs)

push2/xen/dom0/core

    Core set of changes to add Xen dom0 functionality.  (Mostly
    Xen-only, but adds a new Xen mtrr driver.)

Branches with non-trivial non-Xen changes:

push2/x86/paravirt

    Allow preemption while doing a lazy mmu update.

push2/xen/dom0/apic

    Changes to hook the Xen dom0 apic model into the standard platform
    apic code.  HPA reviewed and OKed this.

push2/xen/dom0/pci

    Add a Xen pci driver and dma_ops implementations.  Small changes to
    x86 pci+swiotlb code to add some function calls.

push2/xen/dom0/agp

    Change the AGP driver to allocate its memory using the
    pci_alloc_coherent to get guaranteed physically contiguous memory,
    and use proper phys<->bus functions so that Xen's pseudo-phys <->
    machine mappings are handled properly.

Thanks,