From: Matthew Garrett <mjg59 <at> srcf.ucam.org>
Subject: Re: [RFD] Automatic suspend
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Tuesday 17th February 2009 14:51:41 UTC (over 7 years ago)
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 06:46:30AM -0800, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> actually with powertop... on the open source side things are actually
> won. It took all of 6 months...
> I don't see that as a valid excuse. In fact, if this kind of solution
> makes real userspace scheduled timers to be missed then I consider it a
> serious functionality misfeature.

Remember that Android has an open marketplace designed to appeal to Java
programmers - users are going to end up downloading code from there and
then blaming the platform if their battery life heads towards zero. I
think "We can't trust our userland not to be dumb" is a valid concern.

--
Matthew Garrett | [email protected]

CD: 18ms