From: Arjan van de Ven <arjan <at> infradead.org>
Subject: Partially defer some of the async stuff to the next release
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Friday 9th January 2009 15:09:10 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Hi Linus,

I think it's better that we defer some of the asynchronous boot stuff to
2.6.30 so that it can bake in -next for a bit. I would like to keep the
core infrastructure in place for 29, so that the various subsystem
patches etc can just use it in -next without generating dependencies in
the patch flow.

for both libata and the inode delete very simple things can be done to
fix them, but I would feel a lot more comfortable giving these a ride
in -next.

The following changes since commit
2150edc6c5cf00f7adb54538b9ea2a3e9cedca3f: Linus Torvalds (1):
        Merge branch 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/.../tytso/ext4

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arjan/linux-2.6-async-undo.git
  master

Arjan van de Ven (3):
      Revert "fastboot: Make libata initialization even more async"
      Revert "fastboot: make the libata port scan asynchronous"
      partial revert of asynchronous inode delete

 drivers/ata/libata-core.c |   96
 fs/inode.c                |   19 +++------ 2 files changed, 51
 insertions(+), 64 deletions(-)

--
Arjan van de Ven 	Intel Open Source Technology Centre
visit http://www.lesswatts.org

CD: 20ms