From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <bigeasy <at> linutronix.de>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] 3.14-rt1
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Friday 11th April 2014 18:57:40 UTC (over 2 years ago)
Dear RT folks!

I'm pleased to announce the v3.14-rt1 patch set.

Changes since v3.12.15-rt25
- I dropped the sparc64 patches I had in the queue. They did not apply
  cleanly, the code in v3.14 changed in the MMU area. Here is where I
  remembered that it was not working perfectly either.

- Scott Wood pointed out that I forgot a return value in the latest
  gianfar fixup for RT. Return value added, thanks Scott.

This -RT series didn't crashed within ~4h testing on my ARM and
x86-32.
x86-64 crashed after I started hackbench. I figured out that the crash
does not happen with lazy-preempt disabled. Therefore the last but one
patch in the queue disables lazy preempt on x86-64. With this change the
test box survived ~2h without a crash. I look at this later but it looks
good now.

I decided to release it now because otherwise it would be lying around
probably the next two weeks or so. So here it is, enjoy.

Known issues:

      - bcache is disabled.

The RT patch against 3.14 can be found here:

   https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/3.14/patch-3.14.0-rt1.patch.xz

The split quilt queue is available at:

   https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/3.14/patches-3.14.0-rt1.tar.xz

Sebastian