From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <bigeasy <at> linutronix.de>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] 3.12.0-rt1
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Sunday 10th November 2013 19:30:59 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Dear RT folks!

I'm pleased to announce the v3.12.0-rt1 patch set.

Changes since v3.10.18-rt14
- updated to v3.12
- dropped SLAB support. It was broken in v3.10 and therefore not available
  for RT. Nobody complained except that it did not compile on !RT. Since
  SLUB performs a little better compared to SLAB and is the default
  allocator I think it is okay to drop SLAB support.
- the PREEMPT_RT Kconfig patches are now very early in the queue.

This is the first release of the v3.12 kernel. It run a couple of days on
powerpc and x86 without an accident :)

Known issues:

      - bcache is disabled.

      - an ancient race (since we got sleeping spinlocks) where the
        TASK_TRACED state is temporary replaced while waiting on a rw
        lock and the task can't be traced.

The RT patch against 3.12 can be found here:

   https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/3.10/3.12/patch-3.12.0-rt1.patch.xz

The split quilt queue is available at:

   https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/3.10/3.12/patches-3.12.0-rt1.tar.xz

and it will be moved to the usual location once I able to do so.

Sebastian