From: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul-bzQdu9zFT3WakBO8gow8eQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: [Announce] Checkpoint-restore tool v0.7
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Tuesday 3rd September 2013 12:05:06 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi, all!

The checkpoint-restore tool v0.7 release is ready and out,
  the changelog is at  http://criu.org/Download/criu/0.7
  the sources are at   http://download.openvz.org/criu/criu-0.7.tar.bz2

The main news about the release is that the ptrace extension to get/set
sigmask
on processes and the memory changes tracker (a.k.a. soft-dirty thing) are
merged
into Linux-3.11. With this done, we finally have everything, that is really
critical for C/R, and thus the project is no longer *that*
kernel-dependent.

That said, from now on we shall concentrate on improving the tool
performance and
stability, rather than adorning the kernel :) Also, we no longer have to
keep the
CRIU releases in sync with the kernel releases, so the next one we be done
as
soon as it's ready, not when the Linux-3.12 is out.

Thanks everyone who helped with the v0.7, especially with the soft-dirty
stuff!

Have fun!

CD: 3ms