From: Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec <at> gmail.com>
Subject: [GIT PULL] nohz: Full dynticks base interface
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Thursday 21st March 2013 15:24:17 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi Ingo,

This settles the initial ground to start a special full dynticks tree in
-tip
that we can iterate incrementally to accelerate the development.
It is based on tip:sched/core.

I tried to rearrange a bit the naming. We are probably not yet done with
that but I guess we can fix it along with the rest.

Please pull from:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks.git
	full-dynticks-for-mingo

Changes on these commits since they were part of 3.9-rc1-nohz1:

* Force a timekeeping CPU over the full dynticks range
* Rename CONFIG_NO_HZ_FULL to CONFIG_NO_HZ_EXTENDED
* Following *_nohz_extended_* APIs renames
* Handle CPU hotplug for timekeeping
* Rename full_nohz= kernel parameter to nohz_extended=
* Improve some error handling
* Improve some documentation (comments, Kconfig, ...)

Many of these changes may have been suggested by several reviewers.
Sorry for the missing credits, I lost a bit track...

Thanks.
---
Frederic Weisbecker (3):
  nohz: Basic full dynticks interface
  nohz: Assign timekeeping duty to a CPU outside the full dynticks
    range
  nohz: Wake up full dynticks CPUs when a timer gets enqueued

 Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt |    6 ++
 include/linux/sched.h               |    4 +-
 include/linux/tick.h                |    7 ++
 kernel/sched/core.c                 |   20 ++++++-
 kernel/time/Kconfig                 |   19 ++++++
 kernel/time/tick-broadcast.c        |    3 +-
 kernel/time/tick-common.c           |    5 +-
 kernel/time/tick-sched.c            |  107
 kernel/timer.c                      |   12 ++--

1.7.5.4

CD: 5ms