From: Andi Kleen <andi <at> firstfloor.org>
Subject: Basic perf PMU support for Haswell v2
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Thursday 31st January 2013 22:51:38 UTC (over 3 years ago)
This is based on v7 of the full Haswell PMU support, but
ported to the latest perf/core and stripped down to the "basic support"
as requested.  I consider all of this basic support for Haswell usage.
although it's a bit more than what you need if you never use -e cpu//
or -b options.  I decided to include LBRs in the basic support.

Contains support for:
- Basic Haswell PMU and PEBS support
- Late unmasking of the PMI
- Support for wide counters
- New TSX counter flags, exported as sysfs attributes
- Support for checkpointed counters.
- New LBR flags, exported as new flags with tools support

Available from
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ak/linux-misc
hsw/pmu5-basics

For more details on the Haswell PMU please see the SDM (Vol 3A, Chapter
19.2)
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/architectures-software-developer-manuals.html
For more details on TSX please see http://halobates.de/adding-lock-elision-to-linux.pdf
or next week's LWN.

v2: Addressed Stephane's feedback. See individual patches for details.

-Andi

CD: 3ms