From: <sjur.brandeland <at> stericsson.com>
Subject: [RFC 0/4] STE-modem remoteproc driver
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Friday 22nd June 2012 14:31:06 UTC (over 4 years ago)
From: Sjur Brændeland

Hi Ohad,

This is the initial stab on the remoteproc driver for ST-Ericsson modems.
Please let me know what you think.

remoteproc_ste_modem features:
For kicking to work I need to declare what IDs I'm currently using, so I
had to
iterate over the rproc->notifyids to find the IDs.

A sysfs file is introduced for switching on/off the modem, as modem
start-up must be controlled from user space.

As mentioned before I need the firmware to be allocated first in the shared
memory are. So in order to reserve  space for firmware at the start of the
memory region, I had to allocate dma memory before calling
rproc_register(),
and then releasing it afterward.

I do not yet have an implementation of the stemod_kick module available. It
might take a while before this is upstreamed. The stemod_kick functions are
looked up dynamically so this is not a build issue.

The platform device is not yet upstreamed either. But it should be pretty
simple,
it basically just provides the shared memory area to the driver.

I also included one fix in this patch-set. It doesn't seems like carveout
for
non-iommu is working correctly. I added a simple patch for this.
Let me know what you think, and how to proceed for this fix.

Best regards,
Sjur Brændeland

Sjur Brændeland (4):
  remoteproc: Bugfix assign device address to carveout (noiommu)
  remoteproc: Add custom STE-modem firmware loader.
  remoteproc: Add API (header file) for kicking STE modems
  remoteproc: Add driver for STE Modem

 drivers/remoteproc/Kconfig                       |   10 +
 drivers/remoteproc/Makefile                      |    3 +
 drivers/remoteproc/remoteproc_core.c             |    4 +
 drivers/remoteproc/remoteproc_internal.h         |    1 +
 drivers/remoteproc/remoteproc_ste_modem_loader.c |  179 ++++++++++++
 drivers/remoteproc/ste_modem_rproc.c             |  333
 drivers/remoteproc/stemod_kick.h                 |  113 ++++++++
 create mode 100644 drivers/remoteproc/remoteproc_ste_modem_loader.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/remoteproc/ste_modem_rproc.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/remoteproc/stemod_kick.h

--
1.7.5.4

CD: 3ms