From: Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec <at> gmail.com>
Subject: [GIT PULL] nohz: Generalize nohz APIs for adaptive tickless
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Monday 11th June 2012 16:53:17 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Ingo,

As per your suggestion I think it may be time to start a tree in -tip
and iterate incrementally there with what looks to me like the
uncontroversial bits of nohz cpusets.

This pile does the preparatory work to make the nohz API idle-agnostic
so that we are able to stop and restart the tick from non-idle places.

If you're fine with it, it's pullable there:

git://github.com/fweisbec/linux-dynticks.git
	nohz-for-tip

Frederic Weisbecker (5):
  nohz: Separate idle sleeping time accounting from nohz logic
  nohz: Make nohz API agnostic against idle ticks cputime accounting
  nohz: Rename ts->idle_tick to ts->last_tick
  nohz: Move ts->idle_calls incrementation into strict idle logic
  nohz: Move next idle expiry time record into idle logic area

 include/linux/tick.h     |    8 +-
 kernel/time/tick-sched.c |  191
 kernel/time/timer_list.c |    4 +-

1.7.5.4