From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds <at> linux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: [ 00/78] 3.3.2-stable review
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Thursday 12th April 2012 21:34:10 UTC (over 4 years ago)
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Felipe Contreras
 wrote:

> I could argue in favor of exceptions, but I don't think you realize
> the fact that this change does not affect your tree *at all*. Adding
> and removing a patch in the stable tree is a no-op.

You're a fucking moron.

It's not a no-op at all, and you don't seem to understand it.

It's *information*.

It's "that patch didn't work". That's not a no-op. That's actual
useful and worthwhile knowledge.

To quote Thomas Edison: "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000
ways that won't work."

So just reverting it from stable, *WITHOUT LEARNING THE LESSON*, is
not a no-op at all, it's a sign of being a f*cking moron.

I'm stupider for just reading your email. Go away.

                    Linus

CD: 453ms