From: Christoph Hellwig <hch <at> infradead.org>
Subject: XFS status update for August 2011
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
Date: Tuesday 6th September 2011 12:03:40 UTC (over 5 years ago)
August saw further release candidates of Linux 3.1, which had been quite
for XFS except for the bulk renaming of many XFS source files so that all
source files are now located directly underneath the fs/xfs/ directory.

A lot of development for the Linux 3.2 kernel series was going on,
including an overhaul of the data I/O completion handler, further buffer
cache speedups and cleanups, a major refactoring around xfs_bmapi, quota
locking changes, and optimization for direct I/O on high IOP solid state
devices.

On the userspace side xfsdump saw a lot of cleanups in preparation of
porting
the multithreaded dump and restore code from IRIX.  Xfsprogs saw a few fix
to the xfs_quota tool and mkfs.xfs as well as a man page update.  This
month
xfstests did not see any new test cases, but it got the usual amount of
fixes
and  grew support for jfs and NFS v4.