From: Shaddy Baddah <shaddy_baddah-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: zd1211rw (2.6.22 sparc64): unaligned access (do_rx)
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general
Date: Monday 19th November 2007 00:56:39 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi,

I have successfully built a 2.6.22 kernel for sparc64, by taking the
configuration for the Debian build of this kernel, and additionally
configuring the zd1211rw driver.

I am able to modprobe this module, and the device is correctly detected.
  However, beyond that, I am experiencing problems with the device here
and there.

The first noticeable problem is when using iwconfig on the device. I
cannot set a key for the device, and a query of the configuration always
claims that the "".

If I try to scan for APs using iwlist, I get one AP listed, before a bus
error occurs. This of course, does not suggest that the problem is with
the driver, but I mention it for the record.

If I configure my AP for open authentication, I can actually configure
the device, and be assigned an address via DHCP. However, the connection
drops out frequently, and is quite unstable.

Whilst the device is up, I continually get console messages like those I
have inlined below:

Kernel unaligned access at TPC[100ee4d4] do_rx+0x244/0x614 [zd1211rw]
Kernel unaligned access at TPC[100ee4e8] do_rx+0x258/0x614 [zd1211rw]
Kernel unaligned access at TPC[100ee4cc] do_rx+0x23c/0x614 [zd1211rw]

I am supposing that the driver hasn't really been tested extensively on
sparc64 architecture. However, can anyone shed some light on why the
driver wouldn't just work as it (I assume) would do on 386 architecture?

Thanks in advance,
Shaddy

CD: 2ms