From: Sitsofe Wheeler <sitsofe <at> yahoo.com>
Subject: s2ram testing from OpenSUSE 10.2 Live DVD
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel.suspend.devel
Date: Monday 26th February 2007 08:39:24 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Hi,

I've been using the OpenSUSE 10.2 Live DVD for doing s2ram testing.
While not as quick or as minimal as a real Linux install it does still
allow you to get some useful results back and I thought I'd write the
simple steps I used to help other people who might want to test a
similar way.

At the graphical boot menu, boot to runlevel 1 by highlighting either
the GNOME or KDE option then typing 1 followed by return. This should
eventually put you at a text console which you can log into. From here
you can do console testing.

For doing (open source driver) X testing, boot to the console above and
then run /etc/init.d/earlysax2 to create a /etc/X11/xorg.conf . You can
then use xinit to get an X with a simple xterm on it.

This is not as minimal an environment as init=/bin/sh but it isn't too
bad as there is still a lot that isn't loaded (it also stops the boot
process quicker than a regular live CD boot). Please also note that
while this environment may work without problem a regular boot may still
go on to lock the machine up on suspend due to bugs in other modules
(e.g. the tg3 network card driver would not be loaded in the above
tests).

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/

your