From: Luis Henriques <luis.henriques <at> canonical.com>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Linux 3.11.y.z extended stable support
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel.stable
Date: Monday 2nd December 2013 15:43:29 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Since Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" uses the 3.11 kernel, the Ubuntu
kernel team will pick up stable maintenance where Greg KH left off[1]
with 3.11.10 (thanks a lot, Greg!).

The Ubuntu kernel team is pleased to announce that we will be
providing extended stable support for the Linux 3.11 kernel until
August 2014 as a third party effort maintained on our infrastructure.

Our linux-3.11.y{-queue,-review} stable branches will fork from
3.11.10 and will be published here:

    git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/linux.git

We will use the same stable request/review workflow and follow the
standard upstream stable kernel rules.  More details are available at
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/ExtendedStable

We welcome any feedback and contribution to this effort.  We will be
posting the first review cycle patch set in a week or two.

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/11/29/327

--
Luis Henriques
Ubuntu Kernel Team, Canonical Ltd.