From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh <at> linuxfoundation.org>
Subject: [ 00/19] 3.10.1-stable review
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel.stable
Date: Thursday 11th July 2013 22:01:17 UTC (over 4 years ago)

  I'm sitting on top of over 170 more patches that have been marked for
  the stable releases right now that are not included in this set of
  releases.  The fact that there are this many patches for stable stuff
  that are waiting to be merged through the main -rc1 merge window cycle
  is worrying to me.

  Why are subsystem maintainers holding on to fixes that are
  _supposedly_ affecting all users?  I mean, 21 powerpc core changes
  that I don't see until a -rc1 merge?  It's as if developers don't
  expect people to use a .0 release and are relying on me to get the
  fixes they have burried in their trees out to users.  That's not that
  nice.  6 "core" iscsi-target fixes?  That's the sign of either a
  broken subsystem maintainer, or a lack of understanding what the
  normal -rc kernel releases are supposed to be for.

  So, I've picked through the patches and dug out only those that I've
  "guessed" at being more important than others for the 3.10.1 release.
  I'll get to the rest of these after 3.11-rc1 is out, and eventually
  they will make it into the stable releases, but I am going to be much
  more strict as to what is being added (carriage return changes for
  debug messages, really ACPI developers?)

This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 3.10.1 release.
There are 19 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
to this one.  If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
let me know.

Anything received after that time might be too late.

The whole patch series can be found in one patch at:
	kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.0/stable-review/patch-3.10.1-rc1.gz
and the diffstat can be found below.

thanks,

greg k-h

-------------
Pseudo-Shortlog of commits:

Greg Kroah-Hartman
    Linux 3.10.1-rc1

Michal Hocko
    Revert "memcg: avoid dangling reference count in creation failure"

Srivatsa S. Bhat
    cpufreq: Fix cpufreq regression after suspend/resume

Ben Hutchings
    SCSI: sd: Fix parsing of 'temporary ' cache mode prefix

Gleb Natapov
    KVM: VMX: mark unusable segment as nonpresent

J. Bruce Fields
    nfsd4: fix decoding of compounds across page boundaries

Andy Adamson
    NFSv4.1 end back channel session draining

Greg Kroah-Hartman
    Revert "serial: 8250_pci: add support for another kind of NetMos
Technology PCI 9835 Multi-I/O Controller"

Peter Hurley
    tty: Reset itty for other pty

Zhang Yi
    futex: Take hugepages into account when generating futex_key

Greg Kroah-Hartman
    MAINTAINERS: add stable_kernel_rules.txt to stable maintainer
information

Kees Cook
    crypto: sanitize argument for format string

Kees Cook
    block: do not pass disk names as format strings

Mikulas Patocka
    hpfs: better test for errors

Kees Cook
    charger-manager: Ensure event is not used as format string

Rusty Russell
    module: do percpu allocation after uniqueness check. No, really!

Jonathan Salwan
    drivers/cdrom/cdrom.c: use kzalloc() for failing hardware

Josh Durgin
    libceph: fix invalid unsigned->signed conversion for timespec encoding

majianpeng
    ceph: fix sleeping function called from invalid context.

Tyler Hicks
    libceph: Fix NULL pointer dereference in auth client code

-------------

Diffstat:

 MAINTAINERS                        |  1 +
 Makefile                           |  4 ++--
 arch/x86/kvm/vmx.c                 | 11 +++++++++--
 block/genhd.c                      |  2 +-
 crypto/algapi.c                    |  3 ++-
 drivers/block/nbd.c                |  3 ++-
 drivers/cdrom/cdrom.c              |  2 +-
 drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_stats.c    |  1 +
 drivers/power/charger-manager.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/scsi/osd/osd_uld.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/scsi/sd.c                  |  2 +-
 drivers/tty/serial/8250/8250_pci.c |  4 ----
 drivers/tty/tty_io.c               |  2 ++
 fs/ceph/xattr.c                    |  9 +++++----
 fs/hpfs/map.c                      |  3 ++-
 fs/hpfs/super.c                    |  8 +++++++-
 fs/nfs/nfs4state.c                 | 23 +++++++++++------------
 fs/nfsd/nfs4xdr.c                  |  2 +-
 include/linux/ceph/decode.h        |  5 -----
 include/linux/hugetlb.h            | 16 ++++++++++++++++
 kernel/futex.c                     |  3 ++-
 mm/hugetlb.c                       | 17 +++++++++++++++++
 mm/memcontrol.c                    |  2 --
 net/ceph/auth_none.c               |  6 ++++++