From: Stephen Rothwell <sfr <at> canb.auug.org.au>
Subject: Re: linux-next: ttydev tree build failure
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel.next
Date: Tuesday 1st July 2008 14:51:34 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi Alan,

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:23:02 +0100 Alan Cox
wrote:

> > It could easily (probably) have been the merge.
> >
> > I have reverted the ttydev tree for now.  I am not sure quite where we
go
> > from here.
>
> Well I expected there would be a few explosions from merging a large new
> tree in. No problem. As soon as the new tree is done and out I will
> regenerate the patch set versus that which should iron out all the
> firmware clashes and the like.

One downsides of the way linux-next works is that, because it is
recreated every day, you cannot really base anything on it that is to be
merged into it.

I really need to think about this when I am awake :-(
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email protected]

CD: 3ms