From: Jon Masters <jonathan-Zp4isUonpHBD60Wz+7aTrA <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: module-init-tools 3.8 release
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel.modules
Date: Thursday 30th April 2009 20:43:35 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Here is the latest module-init-tools release. Remember, releases do not
use "-pre" but instead will increment ordinally unless there is a
particularly major reason to bump to a subsequent v4.0 release. I am
suggesting that folks test this on big endian systems and report any
problems with the new ELF handling promptly.

Thanks to everyone for sending patches, git trees, and especially to
Alan Jenkins, Andreas Robinson, and Michal Marek for the various helpful
cleanups. And there is still more cleanup left to do :)

The tarball can be found here:
http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/module-init-tools/

The development repository can be found here:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=utils/kernel/module-init-tools/module-init-tools.git;a=summary

* More documentation/build fixes.
* Merged different ELF hacks into one place. (suggest we clean up
elf_core and/or move to an external generic ELF library instead).
* Allow to link with dynamic zlib.

Jon.