From: Dan Dennedy <dan <at> dennedy.org>
Subject: Re: ISO Send Problems - Possible Kernel Compatibility
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel.firewire.user
Date: Sunday 24th September 2006 19:59:39 UTC (over 11 years ago)
On Sunday 24 September 2006 12:39, Stefan Richter wrote:
> Dan Dennedy wrote:
> > I recalled that only the latest release, 1.2.1, which has been
> > available for several months, contains the change the coincides
> > with the kernel changes.
>
> IOW, users of libraw1394 1.2.1 will not notice anything in the first
> place, but users of previous versions would have to take care of that in
> their application program? (Most of the second group should be quite
> able to update libraw1394.)

Applications using libraw1394 1.2.0 do not have enough access to the
internal
working of the lib to make a workaround. The only solution for users of
kernel 2.6.13+ is to upgrade to libraw1394 1.2.1. OTOH, users of libraw1394

1.2.0 can face unexpected iso transmission halts when using a low number of

buffers.

your