From: Con Kolivas <kernel <at> kolivas.org>
Subject: Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel.ck
Date: Sunday 22nd July 2007 23:11:18 UTC (over 10 years ago)
On Tuesday 10 July 2007 20:15, Con Kolivas wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 July 2007 18:31, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > When replying, please rewrite the subject suitably and try to Cc: the
> > appropriate developer(s).
>
> ~swap prefetch
>
> Nick's only remaining issue which I could remotely identify was to make
it
> cpuset aware:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-mm&m=117875557014098&w=2
> as discussed with Paul Jackson it was cpuset aware:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-mm&m=117895463120843&w=2
>
> I fixed all bugs I could find and improved it as much as I could last
> kernel cycle.
>
> Put me and the users out of our misery and merge it now or delete it
> forever please. And if the meaningless handwaving that I 100% expect as a
> response begins again, then that's fine. I'll take that as a no and you
can
> dump it.

The window for 2.6.23 has now closed and your position on this is clear.
I've
been supporting this code in -mm for 21 months since 16-Oct-2005 without
any
obvious decision for this code forwards or backwards.

I am no longer part of your operating system's kernel's world; thus I
cannot
support this code any longer. Unless someone takes over the code base for
swap prefetch you have to assume it is now unmaintained and should delete
it.

Please respect my request to not be contacted further regarding this or any

other kernel code.

--
-ck

CD: 20ms