From: Daniele Pistollato <lele <at> pisto.it>
Subject: K3 problem
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.hams.hamlib.devel
Date: Friday 16th March 2012 10:27:01 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hi,

i'm using Hamlib in Log4OM (http://www.pisto.it ) log software for rig
control.

I'm using RIGCTLD.EXE library (the TCP/IP daemon)

I've a Elecraft K3 user that reports Hamlib hangs when using it with K3
driver after some seconds/minutes. No problem reported with different CAT
software (HRD, OMNIRIG and RIGCAT). Same problem will occour with FLdigi
that uses the same library.

No messages will be sent by the software even in verbose mode. Rigctld.exe
simply locks and stop answering to my polls, even when the radio is idle
and
not used/set by cat or by the user.

Restarting rigctld will restart the service (no radio hangs).

My software ask the radio for FREQUENCY and MODE. Each command is separated
by a delay set by the user. We've tested steps from 20 to 150 ms.

Take note that the software DOESN'T wait for answer, that is managed from a
different thread (i don't know if rigctld drops messages that are incoming
where the daemon is still waiting for an answer).

Sometimes the software sends SET message for FREQUENCY and MODE, using the
same command separation, but this doesn't seems related to the hangs
problem
(that occours even with the radio "abandoned" and connected)

We have tested with Kenwood drivers too and with baud rate from 38.400 to
9.600 without results and obtaining locks from the library sometimes in
seconds, sometimes in 4-5 minutes randomly.

The radio configuration is an Elecraft K3 with P3 module with updated
firmware. Latest Hamlib release (. .15.1)

Another small issue: When setting mode/band (i don't know what is the
command that does this) the K3 will set the filters to narrow. This seems
happens only when the user works @38.600 baud rate (really strange).

Thanks for any suggestion

73

Daniele IW3HMH