From: Pavlos Ratis <dastergon-aBrp7R+bbdUdnm+yROfE0A <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: identity.gentoo.org: final report
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.gentoo.summer-of-code
Date: Saturday 28th September 2013 09:46:45 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hello everyone,

I am working on Gentoo Identity, an LDAP web UI that aims to be a
general-usage application that will allow users - developers -
recruiters - administrators to configure their attributes easily from
Gentoo's LDAP server.

This is a list of features that I implemented:

* View personal information
* View Developers Lists / Former Developers List / Foundation Members
* Personal Settings
    * Profile Settings( Name, Email, Timezone)
    * Contact Settings ( Website, IM, Location, etc.)
    * Email Settings
    * Password Settings
    * Gentoo Account Settings ( Recruitment bug, mentors, planet feeds,
etc)

My plans for the future are:

    * Developer search for anonymous users
    * Use memcached in combination with Celery to improve caching
    * Add Gentoo's voting system to Identity
    * Better Groups management
    * Document more things
    * Improve front-end

And many other improvements and features.

Identity needs more work and tests before it could be deployed. When
we finish with the most of our tasks and see that Identity is ready,
we will deploy it. However, Identity will be available as an alpha
version for selected users and developers only until we finish the
biggest amount of features that we have in our lists.

It was the first time I participated to GSoC and I really liked it. I
gained a lot of experience and expanded my knowledge. I'd like to
thank my mentor, Theo (tampakrap) for his guidance throughout the past
months and his suggestions. I'd also like to thank MichaƂ (mgorny) for
his suggestions and his collaboration that we had all these months.

Source code for Gentoo Identity: https://github.com/gentoo/identity.gentoo.org
Patches are always welcome!

Regards,
Pavlos