From: Richard Yao <ryao <at> gentoo.org>
Subject: With regard to udev stabilization
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.gentoo.project
Date: Tuesday 13th November 2012 02:40:53 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Dear Everyone,

It is no secret that many of us are unhappy with the direction that udev
has taken under the leadership of the systemd developers. That includes
Linus Torvalds, who is 'leery of the fact that the udev maintenance
seems to have gone into some "crazy mode" where they have made changes
that were known to be problematic, and are pure and utter stupidity.'

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/2/505

After speaking with several other Gentoo developers that share Linus'
concerns, I have decided to form a team to fork udev. Our plan is to
eliminate the separate /usr requirement from our fork, among other
things. We will announce the project later this week.

I understand that the council is scheduled to vote on a topic related to
udev stabilization. Would it be possible to delay the vote for another
month so that we have time to get organized?

Yours truly,
Richard Yao

CD: 3ms