From: Michael K. Johnson <johnsonm-XcoBkNhltcHYtjvyW6yDsg <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Foresight Linux Project announces its retirement
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.foresight.devel
Date: Tuesday 12th May 2015 00:32:44 UTC (over 2 years ago)
The Foresight Linux Council has determined that there has
been insufficient volunteer activity to sustain meaningful new
development of Foresight Linux. Faced with the need either to
update the project's physical infrastructure or cease operations,
we find no compelling reason to update the infrastructure.

Therefore, around the end of May, the following will be shut down:
* Software repositories (Foresight Linux and legacy rBuilder Online
  repositories)
* JIRA and Confluence servers
* Shared development infrastructure
* Mailing lists, including these lists

The foresightlinux.org domain will remain as an informal "alumni
association" for an indefinite amount of time, along with the
project IRC channels for as long as they are in use.

Volunteers to host read-only copies of the JIRA/Confluence
and/or mailing list archives should respond to
[email protected]g in the
next few days,
while the lists are still operational.

Hosting the repositories in read-only mode would be non-trivial;
requiring approximately 2.5TB of storage; simply moving the data
would be a substantial task. Do not assume that the repository
contents will be retained.

The Foresight Linux Council would like to extend our thanks to the
Software Freedom Conservancy, our corporate home, for their support
of Foresight Linux and of software freedom generally. We would also
like to thank SAS Institute for providing physical infrastructure and
hosting for the past two and a half years, as well as for offering
to refresh the infrastructure. This decision to retire Foresight
Linux was entirely the council's.

To those of us who have been a part of this community for up
to ten years, this feels a little like a death. If you wish to
celebrate the life of this project, please discuss soon on the
[email protected]g list or
on IRC on the
freenode.net #foresight-devel channel when and how to do so.

On behalf of the Foresight Linux Council,

Michael K Johnson

CD: 3ms