From: Szakacsits Szabolcs <szaka <at> sienet.hu>
Subject: ntfs-3g-20070822-BETA
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.file-systems.ntfs.devel
Date: Monday 21st August 2006 23:03:33 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Hello,

I'm glad to announce an important bugfix release which includes the
following major changes

        -  fix: case-insensitive directory rename to itself failed
        -  fix: some regular files weren't accessible on Linux
        -  fix: files created on Linux may became inaccessible on Windows

Tip: Files and directory contents created by the older drivers may not have

enough rights to be accessed on Windows, especially if they were moved
around by Windows Explorer. In such cases you could use 'cacls' or 'xcacls'

to set the required permissions, or copy them around with this new driver.

Crucial contributors to make this release the greatest ever were Yura
Pakhuchiy, Anton Altaparmakov, Bartosz Taudul, Jonatan Lambert, Maarten
Lankhorst, Florent Mertens. Big thanks!

New document:

    Ubuntu: ntfs-3g

	https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ntfs-3g

The latest BETA driver can be downloaded from:

	http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfs-3g-20070822-BETA.tgz

Please note, that in our tests this driver functioned so well that simply
can't be true! A few things still must hide somewhere. Please tell us what
they are ;-)

The KNOWN ISSUES, TROUBLESHOOTING section of the README file were also
updated.

Enjoy,
	Szaka

easier