From: Szakacsits Szabolcs <szaka <at> sienet.hu>
Subject: ntfs-3g-20070803-BETA
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.file-systems.ntfs.devel
Date: Thursday 3rd August 2006 02:35:06 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Hi,

Absolutely unbelievable feedback! Lots of very positive comments, excellent

bug reports, patches, ready to install & test packages, howtos and there is

even a LiveCD with ntfs-3g support! Especially much help from and activity
in the Kanotix, Ubuntu, UHU and the Puppy communities. Open Source In Work!

Some useful documents and URL's:

Ubuntu:  HOWTO: NTFS with read/write support using ntfs-3g:

	http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=217009

Gentoo: HOWTO NTFS write with ntfs-3g:

	http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_NTFS_write_with_ntfs-3g

Puppy: The first LiveCD with ntfs-3g:

	http://www.puppyos.net/news/

I'd also like to thank Yuval for his heroic work, tracking down and fixing
problem reports while I was away and Yura who is working on merging the
code into ntfsprogs.

This quick, new BETA release includes the most important fixes we have been

reported,

        -  large file I/O performance fix
        -  keep better consistency if no unmount
        -  fix sparse swap file
        -  show the mounted device names instead of /dev/fuse
	-  KNOWN ISSUES update in the README file

The new BETA driver can be downloaded from:

	http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfs-3g-20070803-BETA.tgz

Take care,
		Szaka

your