From: Csaba Henk <csaba-ml <at> creo.hu>
Subject: Re: [announcement] ntfs-3g: open source read-write driver
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.file-systems.ntfs.devel
Date: Sunday 16th July 2006 12:55:04 UTC (over 11 years ago)
On 2006-07-15, Yura Pakhuchiy  wrote:
> I can add support of FreeBSD (and all OSes on which FUSE will be ported,
> maybe one day we will be able to use ntfsmount even under windows ;-)

This is virtually a no-op. It seems to compile and run fine on FreeBSD
with no hacks beyond working around the over-cautious "OS must be Linux"
assertion in the configure script.

For those who are not familiar with the peculiarities of autotools usage
on FreeBSD, this can be done as follows:

 - install the devel/{libtool15,gnu-autoconf,gnu-automake,pkg-config}
   ports
 - edit configure.ac to disable the "OS must be Linux" assertion
 - regenerate configure & co. with:

    ln -sf /usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 . &&
    ln -sf /usr/local/share/aclocal/pkg.m4 . &&
    (export PATH=/usr/local/gnu-autotools/bin:$PATH &&
    libtoolize &&
    aclocal -I . &&
    autoheader &&
    autoconf &&
    automake -a)

Note that I don't have ntfs volumes, I just tested the fs with a quickly
"mkntfs -fF"-d file, so further testing is definitely necessary.

Regards,
Csaba

easier