From: Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede <at> hhs.nl>
Subject: libv4l release: 0.6.0: the upside down release
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure
Date: Thursday 9th July 2009 13:25:44 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hi All,

I'm very happy to announce the first release of the next
stable series: libv4l-0.6.0

This release features the following familiar features from
previous 0.5.9x test releases:
* Software whitebalancing
* Software automatic gain and exposure for cams which lack
   this in hardware
* Software gamma control
* Fake v4l2 controls to control all these
* Software flipping controls

And as a new feature it now has an extended list of laptops
whose camera modules (mostly uvc) are known to be mounted
upside down in the frame and it will automatically correct
the image for this.

And ofcourse the standard addition of support for a few new
camera output formats.

libv4l-0.6.0
-------------
* Recognize disabled controls and replace with fake equivalents where
   available
* Add support for decompressing ov511 and ov518 "JPEG", by piping data
through
   an external helper as I've failed to contact Mark W. McClelland to get
   permission to relicense the code. If you know a working email address
for
   Mark W. McClelland, please let me know.
* Add tons of laptop models to the upside down devices table
* Support for rgb565 source format by Mauro Carvalho Chehab
* Many bug fixes (see the mercurial tree for details)
* Improved pac207 decompression code to also support higher compression
   modes of the pac207, which enables us to use higher framerates.
   Many many thanks to Bertrik Sikken for figuring the decompression out!

Get it here:
http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/libv4l-0.6.0.tar.gz

Regards,

Hans