From: Devin Heitmueller <devin.heitmueller <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Media Controller initial support for ALSA devices
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure
Date: Friday 18th September 2009 04:38:29 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hello Hans,

If you can find a few minutes, please take a look at the following
tree, where I added initial support for including the ALSA devices in
the MC enumeration.  I also did a bit of cleanup on your example tool,
properly showing the fields associated with the given node type and
subtype.

http://kernellabs.com/hg/~dheitmueller/v4l-dvb-mc-alsa/

I've implemented it for em28xx as a prototype, and will probably see
how the code looks when calling it from au0828 and cx88 as well (to
judge the quality of the abstraction).

Comments welcome, of course...

Devin

--