From: <david.wagner <at> free-electrons.com>
Subject: [RFC] ubiblk: read-only block layer on top of UBI
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.drivers.mtd
Date: Friday 24th June 2011 13:34:41 UTC (over 6 years ago)
From: David Wagner

It creates one device for each UBI volume and dynamically add/remove one
when a
UBI volume is created or deleted : it registers to UBI notifications.  The
devices are names "ubiblkX_Y" where X is the UBI device number and Y is the
volume ID.

I'm submitting it for review, comments (on the concept as well as on the
implementation) and advice.  It is my first kernel module - a lot of code
was
taken from mtd_blkdevs and some from gluebi.

It is only known to work well with SquashFS.  Tests reported that with
other
filesystems (ext2/3 and vfat), some bytes in some files (I couldn't find
any
pattern), when read through ubiblk, don't match the original content (the
content of a file becomes random on several "lines" and goes back to
normal).
The reason for that is still unknown.

Some other known issues are listed in the commit message.

 drivers/mtd/ubi/Kconfig  |    9 +
 drivers/mtd/ubi/Makefile |    1 +
 drivers/mtd/ubi/ubiblk.c |  462
 create mode 100644 drivers/mtd/ubi/ubiblk.c

--
David Wagner, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

CD: 3ms